Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014


For the past four years I have developed a tradition for myself to create a list of goals and resolutions for the New Year and reflect on what major events have happened in my life during the last year.  It started on myspace, then went to facebook and now I’m bringing it to my blog.
2013 was a rough year, I didn’t reach as many goals as I would have liked but I did reach some and will roll over the one’s I didn’t reach in 2013 to 2014.

The not so good: At the beginning of 2013 my boyfriend and I of two years broke up, so this has been a year of healing my heart and trying to get myself back out into the dating world.  Which let me tell you, isn’t an easy world but I’m trying to stay positive.
One of the Hipline (where I work) locations closed, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing, just a transition with growing pains along the way.  The commute is longer for me and it’s been an adjustment but it’s getting easier.  My eye finally stopped twitching about 2 months into the change, happens when I’m stressed.

The good: I got a new roommate and she’s awesome! Super sweet, responsible and just a cool considerate person and I’m grateful to have found her on craiglist, so seeing as she was a complete stranger that could have gone a completely different way!
I got a raise! ;)
The goals I achieved from 2013 were do a detox, I felt great after and want to do it again soon.
I tried out different studios and found a new addiction, acroyoga!  I plan on doing more in 2014.
 I started a new art series and have 4 more to go to finish it.
I did another 5k which was the Neon Fun Run which was a blast and glad to have experienced it with some great friends!
I donated my time to the SPCA to work with their doggies which was a great experience.  It got hard going into the city every week so I had to stop but I plan on doing it again, perhaps when they finish construction on the Oakland SPCA.

Goals for 2014
Make January a self love month. Every day I will do something for myself, such as:
-Good for my body: Dance, workout, acroyoga, a massage, a mani padi…
-Good for my mind: Read a book, learn something new…
-Good for my heart: Spend more time with friends, take myself out on dates, focus on something positive about myself and nurture that…
-Good for my soul: Get out into nature more, write more, work on art…

Get a new used bike
Find love and join match.com – so if you know anyone I’m looking ;)
Do game nights with friends at my place once a month
Focus more on developing my art in different ways
Do another detox
Attend a workshop outside of Hipline (I will do this eventually!)
Try out other dance studios and get better at acroyoga
Make a costume
Cut back on sugar
Eat more veggies and fruit
Work toward making changes for the better in every part of my life and think more positively
Continue looking and having art shows
Finish my newest art series
Spend less money and save more

I’ve found making a list instead of just having one goal puts much less stress pressure on myself throughout the year to do that one goal.  Some people have a grand goal and if they don’t succeed they feel down or guilty about it.  However with multiple goals there’s a better chance you’ll succeed at at least a few and you’ll feel better and more accomplished by the end of the year and then just add the one’s you didn’t get to to next year.  So if you’re like me I recommend coming up with your own list and having fun with it.  Good luck to everyone on reaching your goals this year!  Make 2014 the biggest and best year yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment