Sunday, April 1, 2012

My First Art Show

Love, Paint & Dance
This is the title of my very fist art show!!  It all started with my friend Brownyn telling me of a sign she saw in the window of Tara's Organic Ice Cream looking for Artists.  I used the e-mail she sent me, Tara replied and asked to meet with me and see some of my work.  Tara's in Berkeley is a very small space, so when I went to meet with her I completely expected her to maybe pick a few pieces to hang in the space for a while, or just tell me she didn't like any of them and that would be that.  What I got was so much better!

10 pieces from my Dance series, half of them completely new pieces, will be hung in Tara's Ice Cream, Oakland Telegraph location for a whole month and the opening show will be a part of Art Murmur on Friday April 6th! AND there's a strong possibility I could sell some of my work there as well.  I could barely contain my excitement, but I composed myself and resisted the urge to jump up and down and squeal with glee like a five year old who just got a pony (not the most professional reaction).

So for the past couple of weeks I have been working furiously creating new pieces, designing a post card for the show (see below), writing my artists statement, creating a price list, creating a facebook invite, and buying frames...  I got a little eye twitching going on, feeling a bit of stress, bubbling with excitement and nerves though I know it will be all worth it!

Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. KIRAAAAA this is SO COOL, I am amazed =D Hope your show is as spectacular as you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Tora! You're the best and I miss you bunches! Wish I could see your lovely face on Friday!

    ReplyDelete