Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Art Show: Temescal Lanesplitter's

Water and Wind
 Hey all!  I'm back to it, we'll see how long I last this time! Haha!  Any who, this blog is all about my art show at the Oakland Temescal Lanesplitter's Pizza and Pub.  I had my art up for the month of October displaying some of my previous series of work "Friends & Strangers" as well as 4 pieces from my new series "Earth, Fire, Wind & Water".

Earth and Fire
 The art reception went as great as my last Lanesplitter's show, actually even better because the bathrooms didn't flood this time!  There was a great turn out and a good steady flow of my wonderful friends!  The show was supposed to end at 9:30pm but the last of the group didn't leave until 11pm, which was great!  I also sold my "Andrea" portrait from my "Friends & Strangers" series and got a lot of good feedback about my new series.  I really enjoyed getting everyone's point of view. 

 I'm not going to say too much on the new series as I like everyone to interpret it in their own way.  I will say that it is oil paint with feathers and rocks incorporated and they are all self portraits.  Now let your imagination go from there!  I will be posting the new paintings in my etsy shop soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment