Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wanting - Original Gouache Painting

Wanting from Friends & Strangers Series
New art up on my etsy titled Wanting!  Recently I've been trying to get into the habit of either posting to my etsy shop or posting a blog, so far so good, aren't you proud of me?!

Wanting is part of the Friends & Strangers series, the man in this image is a stranger, at least at the moment.  What inspired this image was my longing for partnership.  Don't get me wrong, I'm about woman empowerment, being a strong independent women, all my single ladies put your hands up!  I love my life, my friends, my family, my job (working with all women), I'm grateful for everything I have but I'm going to be honest here, I do feel that missing something, that wanting for someone special.

So, this is that wanting put into paint, my hope to find love some day.  This is also why the image is cast in shadow, I don't know who he will be or what he will look like but until he comes out from the shadows I will focus on what makes me a happy single lady.

Lets dance to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment