Sunday, May 1, 2011

Lydia

Next up in my Belly Dance series is "Lydia".  Lydia is actually the second original gouache painting I've done in this series, the first being "Veronica" which I gave as a birthday gift to the actual Veronica.  I liked it so much though I may paint another to put up in my shop.
Lydia is a dancer I've known for about 2 years now.   I met Lydia through Hipline starting out as fellow students.  Watching her in class it was obvious she had an amazing talent for dance.  She soon grew in the studio developing her arabic style of belly dance and began performing solo's at recitals, teaching workshops and eventually teaching classes.  Having a background in ballet, Lydia brings amazing grace and elegance to her belly dance performances as well as some kick ass back bends!
 Above is the actual image of Lydia I used for the painting above.  Check out "Lydia" in Elven Grove: http://www.etsy.com/listing/66514427/lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment